batism gift

PattiG(rose)October 18, 2001

Hi new to this forum because just became a grandmother for the first time,when i seen my grandson for the first time i thought my heart would come out of my chest!!! Jacob will be baptised sunday trying to think of a gift anyone have any ideas, thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Vickey1709_hotmail_com

Savings bonds. How are the parents financially? Just asking because if they are not struggling the bonds, if they are then something that would be more "practical" (I know practical and gifts should not be used in the same sentence, that takes the fun out of it but somethime practical is the best gift ever). Formula (if not nursed), diapers.

Vickey

Bookmark   October 20, 2001 at 6:01AM
sandalha73_hotmail_com

A keepsake children's bible or family bible with pages inside to write the names of family members (like a family tree) and pages to write weddings, births, baptisms, etc.

Bookmark   October 21, 2001 at 12:38PM
123_345_com

A bible or cross are nice if you want something that reflects the religious significance. If not, how about a 2001 Silver Eagle coin or a set of proof coins for 2001--either would be a special keepsake to commemorate the year of his birth and baptism and could also be the start of a lovely collection that you could add to over the years--and might get him started in the hobby of coin collecting.

Congratulations.

Bookmark   October 22, 2001 at 4:07PM
HaleysMommy_mypage_com

I'm just a lurker here but what about a hope chest of some sort. My DD's grandma gave her one for her first christmas (a wicker one with her name engraved on top) I think she will enjoy it as she gets older and will be able to look through all the little keepsakes.

Bookmark   November 9, 2001 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
long...vent...Not seeing new grandbaby, nervous DIL
I am heartsick today. I have one child/son I am close...
laziblu
grandmother teases granddaughter
How do I stop my mother from teasing my 9yo grandaughter....
Tamaras
Deadbeat Grandparents?
Hello, I was wondering if someone could possibly tell...
danalynne
Sleeping Solution-2 year old
Hello, I am anticipating my two year old grand daughter's...
southerngirl1913
Grandparents' Dogs!
My wife and myself have a 4 month old and an 8 year...
tlescak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™