Quality of Comfort Design leather recliners

whiteycatNovember 15, 2013

I sat on some nice leather recliners last week at a nice furniture store near me. I really liked one made by Comfort Design. The price was around $1700. I can't find any info on how they are made quality-wise. If anyone is familiar with this line, can you let me know. I do know it is owned by Klaussner, which I have read is a mid line brand.

I am trying to compare this Comfort Design chair to one by Bradington Young.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freethinker99

I am not familiar with Comfort Design but I do know that Bradington Young makes a very high quality product.

Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 5:34AM
Elgordo01

Comfort Design is a division of Klaussner - a mid-line upholstery manufacturer. CD is run by the former president of Barcalounger. He knows how to make a recliner. The CD product is considered a step above the Standard Klaussner line.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 5:05PM
freethinker99

I am familiar with Comfort Design and in my opinion they make an failry nice product. I was not aware they wre part of Klaussner, but in the case of a recliner you generally have a plywood frame and a Legget and Platt spring so except for tailoring and upholstery or leather there is not as often as big a difference in the measurable qualities of one brand to the next. Which in my opinion is the same situtaion with sleep sofas.

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Split Mahogany Furniture
In 2003, I purchased solid mahogany furniture (made...
nszzya
Flexsteel vs. Lane vs. Natuzzi leather sectionals
I'm pretty confused and hoping for some solid comparisons...
tuckerlr
Leathercraft recliner, electric vs manual?
Any opinions, or recommendations? Thanks
greandog
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™