Slipping sofa cushions

dee4nebraskaNovember 8, 2012

Seven years ago we purchased a new sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman from a local independent store in the area. It is the Heritage Collection by Mastercraft.I love the color and tweedy fabric and the style but have not been happy with the way it "feels" in that the cushions are not deep enough from front to back. When you stand up the cushions get out of place and slide forward.It has a pillow back. Is there a remedy for this slipping? I have considered double faced tape or Velcro. Any thoughts? This sofa is not used every day so looks brand new. It's embarrassing when I have guests over to sit on it. If money was not a concern I would consider buying a different one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Most likely the seat does not have the proper cavity to hold the seat cushions in place. The front top edge of the seat, should be higher than the rest of the seat. It should be about 1" higher. The seat is what supports the cushions your sitting on.
You can try to sew or use hot-melt glue to attach velcro to the cushions and the seat at the back.
Snaps and hooks can be installed also, but they will require a professional.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 12:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freethinker99

Try the sticky area rug pad cut to fit under the seat cushions on top of the sofa deck. They have a mesh or diamond pattern.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™