I miss my babies

PathermosilloSeptember 24, 2012

I have 2 grandchildren that I haven't seen in almost 4 mos now. I feel like I will not be able to get over this horrible pain. My babies lived with me most of their lives and now they are gone. My son has moved onto another relationship like nothing and my daughter in law is in a shelter and did not tell me she was leaving. I want to see them so bad. Do I have any rights? I wish I knew it was the last time I was going to see them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Have you talked to your son? Does his new other keeping the children from you? Why is the DIL in a shelter? Abuse? Could the children be abused? Step forward and ask questions and if necessary get some legal advice.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 3:08PM
emma

I don't think you have any legal rights regarding see your grand kids. If there was ever a vote on that kind of law I would fight it because my mother in law was one crazy woman and I would never leave my children with her for any reason, their Dad and I would have gone under ground with them. The struggle for 2 parents to get equal time with their own kids is daunting without throwing grand parents into the mix. I am sorry for what you are going through and am very glad I had more interests than just grand kids.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 2:30AM
txgranny

EmmaR: So glad you're not my DIL. I'm sure your grandkids are glad you had other interest as well.

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 1:25PM
emma

My grand kids loved us. It was quiet and peaceful which theirs was not. When they were young and were told they were going to grandmas, the got excited and asked, "the one with the toy box"? It was always filled with new and exciting things and I played video games with them. Grandpa played board games with them and he made us all sundaes with a cherry on top. Nice memories.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Very young grandparent....
Hello! I just came across the site, and hoping to find...
kase48
Liquid vitamin
Does anyone remember a thick, yellow liquid vitamin...
crabbypatty
My in-laws who are soon-to-be grandparents
My husband and I are pregnant with our first. His parents...
LullabyF360
Thoughts about jealousy of the other grandparent(s)
As I mentioned in my other "thoughts on"...
elisa_z5
Grandma to be
I just found out 2 weeks ago that I am going to be...
Irishmama2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™