Leather sofa advice needed

jmcqueenNovember 26, 2010

My wife and I are looking to get a nice real leather sofa. We have seen LeatherCraft and it is nice, but might be over our budget. Is there a comparable brand out there at a better price point that we should look at?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raljan

Check out Hancock & Moore. Not sure how their prices compare, but I have been very satisfied with the quality of both the leather & construction of our 15 year old leather sofa & two reclining wing-back chairs.

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 3:48AM
subwaytile

I will be taking a look at the Hancock & Moore sofas. They seem to have a great reputation. You should also take a look at Thomasville. I was hesitant to shop at Thomasville but I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of their leather couches. The sales rep says they are well made but he is not completely objective. He described Thomasville as mid to upper level and H&C as upper level quality.

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 6:35AM
subwaytile

That would be H&M in the above post. By the way, I shopped for leather sofas at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. PB's Manhattan looked very nice but it was not very comfortable. RH's were very comfortable and looked great but they are too deep for our family (43 to 48 inches).

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 6:55AM
cpathens

Our Classic Leather sofa is 10 years old and has held up very well. We still love it.

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 9:54AM
geenacj

I have read that the seat cushions on a leather sofa should be removable and should have a zipper in order to replace the cushions if they break down over time. Is this true? I just found a sofa I love but all the cushions are attached. Should I purchase a sofa if the cushions are attached?

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 9:11PM
Idealistic

NO NEVER BUY A CUSHION AND BACK THAT IS ATTACHED I know from history that Leathercraft is one of the major companies that does not reverse their cushions and the loose back are attached to the loose seat cushions. I recommend the Furniture Market coming up next week in High Point NC if you cannot make it you can more than likely google and look at photos. You can even call the manufacturers and ask them more about the product if you found something you like.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 7:21PM
abrahamjobs

Hi,
my point of view custom leather furniture sofa's are gud to buy. it comes for life time you have to comfort to sit and sleep in that custom leather sofa . it comes under budjet only

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
How do I Deep Clean a Filthy Leather Sofa?
I purchased a used leather sofa off Craigslist last...
trofywife
Leathercraft recliner, electric vs manual?
Any opinions, or recommendations? Thanks
greandog
Recommendation for high-end modern Asian furniture?
Aside from Berkeley Mills in Berkeley, CA, does anyone...
Cam Chan
Rowe Furniture: Good or Bad?
I've been reading lots of comments on this site (both...
country459
Sponsored Products
Trumpeted Square Antique Silver 48-inch to 86-inch Curtain Rod
$54.95 | Bellacor
Robert Abbey Iris 8 1/2" High Antique Brass Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
330 Tangerine 5 Drawer Chest - 330124
$840.00 | Hayneedle
Elements Brook Chestnut Collection Nightstand
Beyond Stores
Tubo Pendant by Eurofase
$276.00 | Lumens