Is it worth a trip to Farmville,VA to buy furniture?

leverhartNovember 11, 2011

I need to buy a kitchen table and chairs, a bedroom suite and coffee table. Farmville is three hours away. I have heard that they have some nice furniture at discount prices, but I don't know if it's worth the trip. I don't think that they arrange delivery, but I don't know. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

You might start by browsing their stores, and call to see if they deliver. Maybe just go and spend the day browsing, and if you see things you like, go back another time and pick up your purchases if they don't deliver to your area.

Amish Originals looks like it would be interesting to browse through.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmville, Va Furniture.

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 2:42PM
arch123

we just bought a Habersham work table for the kitchen at Greenfront. It was something that was done as trial and never made it to the regular retail. Great price. I do agree that it is worth a second trip.

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 4:30PM
47dt

If you really know what they have and if they claim to have great discount prices, I would give it a try. You never know what you may find

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 5:35PM
ellie45

leverhart, did you go?

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 6:15PM
beth4

I used to live in Charlottesville, VA and it was a 2 hour drive to Farmville to shop at Green Front. Absolutely it's worth it! Incredible selection of mid-high end furniture arrayed in 9 tobacco warehouses --- which are HUGE! And they have an incredible assortment of hand-knotted Oriental carpets -- over 3,000 of them. I've purchased quite a bit of furniture there, plus several Oriental carpets at tremendous savings. They delivered to my home in Charlottesville....Things I could take home in my car, I did. Also, whenever I had guests, they wanted to drive to Farmville to shop for furniture. I definitely recommend it. Plan to shop all day....There are several nice hotels/motels in the area if you want to make a weekend of it.

To see the brands they carry, visit their home page and you'll see all of the brands. I'm very, very happy with everything I purchased there.

Do plan to walk between the warehouses, which are all clustered in downtown Farmville. And then you'll be walking through these huge warehouses, with their multiple levels. So wear comfortable shoes. And dress warmly, because the warehouses are not heated to normal room temps....they're heated, but not to 72 degrees.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Front Furniture

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 3:13PM
leverhart

Thanks to all for the advice. I have not gone yet, but plan to do so after the holidays. Happy holidays to all!

Bookmark   December 2, 2011 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Flexsteel vs. Lane vs. Natuzzi leather sectionals
I'm pretty confused and hoping for some solid comparisons...
tuckerlr
Need help identifying this leather sectional.
Originally purchased from Sears
dbruederlin
Quality Outdoor Furniture Brands/Materials?
I am looking to buy an outdoor dining set, chaise loungers...
wendage2
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Lexington chez michelle Bedroom Set - 7 piece
Hi, i am purchasing a used 7-piece Lexington chez michelle...
kathietang
Sponsored Products
Vision 3 Wall Recessed
Lightology
Kartell | Maui Chair with Casters
$490.00 | YLighting
Classic Home Furniture - Maxwell Dining Table - 51004805
Great Furniture Deal
Playa Way Wingback Platform Bed - IDF-7050GY-F
$839.99 | Hayneedle
Risom Stool
Design Within Reach