Homelink with Craftsman GDO

seancDecember 6, 2006

I recently purchased a Toyota Prius with homelink and have been attempting to program it to work with my Craftsman Security+ GDO and have been unsuccessful. Homelink successfully reads the code from the remote and I press the learn button and the homelink 3-4 times and it does not operate the door.

I have contacted homelink and ran through the same steps with no success. I already have one vechicle w/homelink that I programmed successfully 2 years ago. I have tested the Toyota on a neighbors non security + (billion code?) GDO and it worked. When someone presses the homelink on the Toyota, I can see the amber LED flash quickly. Is the homelink defective with Security+ ? Anything else I can try before returning it to the dealer.

Thanks!

Sean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

I don't know what you are doing wrong on your door if it worked on the neighbors door fine.

I will take you through the steps one more time to make sure you are not missing anything.

1) I always start with the door in the down position. Turn the ignition on and press the desired button on the homelink system and hold it until it starts flashing slowly. ( May take a while )

2) While still holding in the button on the homelink system put your transmitter up to it and push and hold them both in until it starts flashing quickly. By this time your door should be open.

3) Push the learn button on the back of the opener and go back to the car and push and hold the button you just programmed.

4) You want to get the car as close as you can to the opener.

That should take car of it, unless you have something wrong with the car or opener.

Bookmark   December 7, 2006 at 9:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seanc

Problem turned out to be a bad logic board. Replaced the board and everything was fine.

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™