How to program remote Craftsman GD Opener Model 139.245610

sunlakeDecember 14, 2007

I have got a second remote and would like to know how to program it without affecting the existing one. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

No one can possibly tell you this without more information. Did you purchase the exact same model number remote and what is the model number of your opener?

Bookmark   December 15, 2007 at 4:35PM
sunlake

Thanks for your prompt reply Don, I have got the same model number remote and the model number of the opener is 139.245610.

Bookmark   December 17, 2007 at 3:15PM
don_1_2006

Too many digits in that model number. Could you check again and see if there are any letters separating part of those numbers.

Bookmark   December 17, 2007 at 4:39PM
sunlake

Don, the model number is correct. By the way, the digital receiver model number is 139.245612. This is an older model opener, at the back of the unit their is a red square button but no LED light ... The opener works fine and I still have one fully functioning remote control to work with. I am trying only to program an identical new 2nd remote control (Craftsman Model No. 139.18759) so that my wife could also have the benefit of using the garage for direct access to our house from the garage. We only moved into this house about one month ago and the previous owner has no clue about where the owner's manual for the opener is. I really appreciate your help in answering my questions. Peter

Bookmark   December 19, 2007 at 11:10AM
don_1_2006

Peter I went to the Sears website and none of the model numbers you give will come up as a good number. Most of the door opener model numbers look something like this - 139.56110SRT1. Some of the older models had 6 digits after the 139. but they started with a 5 or 6. Did you buy the "identical new 2nd remote" at Sears?

Bookmark   December 19, 2007 at 5:23PM
sunlake

Don, I have a new 2nd remote control with same Model no. 139.18759. Could it be that since we are in Toronto, we have different model nos?

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 12:39PM
don_1_2006

That is the only thing that makes sense and I have no way to cross them over. Sorry.

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 7:03PM
sunlake

Don, I greatly appreciate your help, have a nice holiday.

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 10:29PM
juncibao_hotmail_com

Hi Sunlake and Don, I have the exact same model as sunlake which is 139.245610 and indeed it's one of the older models. I also don't have the manual, and would like to reset the code on my keypad as well as re-synching it to the transmitter i've got.
Sunlake: were you able to figure out how to do this?
Don: any suggestions?

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 10:34AM
patnpups_telus_net

I have this same garage door opener model number 139.245610 and have lost or broken both of my old remotes. I am looking for a universal remote, does anyone know of one that they have found that works with this opener. Can anyone tell me the year of this opener?
cheers,

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 2:09PM
don_1_2006

Here is one from Chamberlain. You can also buy from Sears and extra remote units are available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Universal remote

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™