Craftsman Garage Door Opener - remote quit working

cookie429December 6, 2006

My wireless remote quit working for my garage door opener. It is a Liftmaster single button transmitter (61LM). I replaced the battery and the red light on the remote lites up when I push the button, but the garage door doesn't open.

Through searching online I found that I may need to reset my garage door opener's code. I have been looking for the "learn button" (AKA SRT button?) but I can't find it anywhere! I have taken off the case of my opener system and found nothing. The system is a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP, model 139.53600. I imagine it is pretty old (it was here when I bought the house).

I know little about mechanical endeavors, so any advice is appreciated! Can someone help me find my learn button? Or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

Thanks in advance-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

If you stand facing your door, look on the back of the opener. Where all those wires go there should be a small round green or yellow button push it then push the button on your transmitter and you will here the garage door opener click and the lights should flash. Should work for you.

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 10:14PM
lstamand

I am having the SAME problem with the same machine!!

My remote and outdoor keypad stopped working recently! And although I can open/close with the main button, it is inconvenient to not have the remotes working to say the least. I have found the learn button (it is red and on the left side of the machine, hidden if you have a light bulb in) Anyway, previously, I have been able to fix the remotes with the learn button, but it is just not happening now. I am annoyed that with two new batteries and a remedy that has worked in the past, I can no longer get them to work! Any ideas?

Bookmark   December 7, 2006 at 10:32AM
Don_

lstamand it sounds to me like the receiver portion of your logic board has quit. Sometimes things break and must be replaced.

Bookmark   December 7, 2006 at 5:19PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Good material to patch potholes in old garage floor?
I have some pot holes in my 1963 garage floor. The...
griz8312
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Sponsored Products
Starfish Wreath Door D├ęcor
$34.99 | zulily
Meditub 30x53 Right Drain White Soaking Walk-In Bathtub
Beyond Stores
Mash Studios | PCHseries Entertainment Shelf
YLiving.com
Afina Signature Collection Four Door 63W x 36H in. Recessed Medicine Cabinet Mul
Hayneedle
Crestview Indigo 2 Door Nail head Cabinet
Beyond Stores
Nova Oak Bar Multicolor - ECI082
Hayneedle
Ashten Accent Chest - WHT/GREY
$1,799.00 | Horchow
Aesop Fable Cuckoo Clock with Hand-Carved Maple Leaves Grapes Bird and Fox
$314.30 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™