If I had a nickel for.....

kathyg_in_miDecember 25, 2008

every question/problem about Craftsman garage door openers on these forums, I think I'd be rich. Will never buy one for sure!!!!

Kathy G in MI

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I don't know if postings in an online forum is a statistically valid way to evaluate the quality of a product. I would imagine that Craftsman garage door openers are a pretty popular brand so it's logical to conclude that one might see more questions about Craftsman than a less popular brand.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 8:22AM
braytonak

You took the words out of my mouth, Kathy. I've been pleased with the Genie Excelerator that my house came with. Quiet and fast. I've only seen a couple Craftsman door openers in my life, so although they may be popular, you have to ask yourself...are they THAT popular? This forum is flooded with them. haha!

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 12:48AM
flowersnow

If I had a nickel for every time my Craftsman garage door closed with the first attempt in 2008, I would have $1.00. The thing hates me. Feelings are mutual. Maybe 2009 will be better. LOL

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 4:42PM
tcox

In defense of the Craftsman openers, I have two ten year old openers on my doors that work great! One, on a smaller door, get's the most use as it gets treated as a walkthrough for everything I need to do in the front yard. It must get used 10 times a day! I think one great maintenance idea everyone should do is to disengage the lift and roll the door up and down by hand a few times. The opener should not have to lift the door. That's what the springs are for. In ten years I have adjusted the springs twice to maintain fingertip lifting and closing. Do your doors open and close that easily? If they don't, you are depending on your opener to do a job for which it was never intended.

Bookmark   January 29, 2009 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™