Craftsman opener

dan68December 27, 2008

The sproket broke on my opener I don't know how although it was very cold and my son said it would not open one morning.

I replaced thr gears with a new kit and now the motor runs for about 3 seconds and then turns off. The green light blinks 5 times. I have messed with the limits and force settings yet it does not change. The opener is from 2000 and I don't know if it was something I did or just a coninsidence. Should I just buy a new opener? I seriously don't know what I did wrong. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Make sure you put the black cup back on the end of the motor shaft and that it is pressed all the way on. Make sure the rpm sensor is plugged in. If none of these are the issue, then you probably did not have the motor shaft pushed all the way back when you tightened the coupler after replacing the worm gear. Loosen that coupler up and from the front of the motor (opposite end in which the coupler is on) push the shaft back as far as it will go. Hold it there while you tighten the coupler back up and then try it.

Bookmark   December 28, 2008 at 1:08PM
dan68

No it's all the way in were it was to begin. Is there a way to check the rpm sensor?

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 7:29PM
don_1_2006

Replacement of the RPM sensor is the only way I know to check it.

Bookmark   January 7, 2009 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™