HELP! Wayne Dalton garage door opener stopped working

slc2053December 17, 2007

Our garage door opener that we have mounted inside our garage stopped working. We assumed it was the battery so we replaced it, but it still isn't working. It's model number 5BWS. We went to their website to see how to reset it (program it) and we followed them but when it says to hit the "wall station light button" and you'll see an LED light go off or hear a beep, neither happens. The light is not on, so it can't go off and there is no beep. Here is a link to the instructions...

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/Files/ProductManuals/Residential_Garage_Door_Openers/idrive/idrive_for_TorqueMaster/Programming_Instructions/Wall_Station/5-button%20wall%20station.pdf

Please, anyone have any other ideas on what we should try? The instructions don't say what to do when you change battery..

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

This is an I-Drive opener. I Recommend you throw it away. They are nothing but junk. You will probably have to call out a tech to take a look and odds are the cost to repair it will be as much as a new opener. The company I work for installs waynedalton products, I install them b/c I have no choice but the one thing I refuse to install is their I-Drive openers.

Get a Liftmaster.

Bookmark   December 21, 2007 at 7:40PM
jmagill_zn4

We have the idrive and love it!

Is the electric working to the actual opener? have you tried the handheld remotes?

Ours has two wall stations as well as two handheld remotes.

Bookmark   December 22, 2007 at 10:05AM
derektroy_talktalk_net

I have just had the same problem,remove the two screws holding the plastic cover for the i drive,lever of the cover(it is on clips)on top of the main board are two round brown fuses lift out with bullnose plyers and replace,if you have a problem getting fuses go to wayne-dalton.com and click on the link contact us and ask for new fuses,also your plug should be on a surge protected plug to stop spikes on your main board,needless to say before you start work isolate from electrics first,good luck Best regards Derek.

Bookmark   March 2, 2009 at 10:32AM
joel_manhasset-specialty_com

I HAVE A QUANTUM OPENER INSTALLED AND JUST GOT REMOTE
#3973C. I REPLACED THE BATTERY WHEN IT WOULD NOT PROGRAM
BUT HAD THE SAME RESULT. THE PROGRAM LIGHT ON THE QUANTUM
LIGHTS UP BUT THE REMOTE WILL NOT EFFECT IT (CAUSE TO GO OUT INDICATING PROGRAM RECIEVED)THE RECIEVER ANTENEA IS
A GREEN WIRE. IS THE REMOTE AT FAULT OR IS THERE MORE TO
PROGRAMMING THAN WHAT I HAVE DONE?
JOEL

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 9:29AM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™