Just a proud Granny

ladiegJuly 8, 2005

I just found this site, I have 5 grandchildren, 9 years- 6 1/2 months, our youngest was born in Dec prematurely, only weighed 2 lbs. She is doing fine, we are so thankful for her. She will probably be our last. Our oldest son has 3 they live 100 mi from us, youngest son has 2, they are 30 mi away. I am almost 65. Not a young granny but I keep up. Ladieg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzieque

Hi ladieg -

I just happened to stop by this site and saw your post of several days ago. I'm sorry that you haven't gotten any replies. Some of these "That Home Site" sites don't get much traffic these days.

I'm not a grandmother - in fact, I'm not even a mother. Although I'm 49, I've never had the pleasure of having children (actually, I'm not married, either, so I guess it all fits!).

But I've got children in my life that I adore - my nephew and niece, who are also my Godchildren.

I'm so glad that your little granddaughter, born in December, is well.

And by the way, you ARE a young grandmother as compared to my mother. She was 71 by the time her first grandchild (my nephew) was born! My father was 75.

Congratulations on having such a lovely family.

Suzieque

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 9:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladieg

Thanks Suzique for your reply. I am really close to my neice and nephew too. My neice has 3 teens, one is a Mother herself now, how time flys.
I have noticed some of the boards are not free, I was wondering why. ladieg

Bookmark   July 22, 2005 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Gift ideas for 50th Wedding Anniversary
I need some gift ideas for my elderly (75+) difficult-to-buy-for...
onehappymeal
Sad Grandmother
I am brand new to this site and posting to this forum....
Nana3540
Very young grandparent....
Hello! I just came across the site, and hoping to find...
kase48
Thoughts about jealousy of the other grandparent(s)
As I mentioned in my other "thoughts on"...
elisa_z5
Father's Day call
I need advice please. Fathers Day is tomorrow and my...
gotfan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™