Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

donnymacDecember 8, 2006

Help.

I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman GDO, model # 139.5367SRT2. One of the remotes stopped working. I assumed that it was the battery and changed it. But it still wouldn't work. I attempted to re-program the remote and that wouldn't work. Next I erased all of the remote control codes and attempted to re-program them. I still can only seem to program one of the remotes. When re-programing the keyless entry, I can only get the GDO to recognize the signal if I erase all of the codes and program the key pad first. Then I can program 1 remote, but not the other. I tried this several times in different orders. I can get either remote to work, but not both of them at the same time. Once one of the remotes is programed, the LED light next to the SRT(learn) button does not blink when the other remote button is pressed. I believe that the GDO will not recognize more than one signal. Could this be an internal problem?

Because I can get both remotes to work, I don't think that it is a broken remote. I just can't get both of them to work at the same time. The GDO is about 7 years old. Is it time for a new one?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Donny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

What has happened to you is fairly common but can be frustrating. What has happened is one of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. (Manufacturers explanation) What you need to do is purchase a new remote. Make sure you get the same model number. Once you do this you will be able to program one of your existing remotes plus your keypad and the new remote. If you program the bad remote you will not be able to program the new remote. It is a case of elimination. When you get it all settled, do yourself a favor and throw the bad remote in the trash. It can cause problems down the road.

Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 7:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donnymac

Thanks,

I'll try that.

Donny

Bookmark   December 9, 2006 at 11:43AM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Sponsored Products
Espresso Single-Drawer Wood Storage Cabinet
$119.99 | zulily
Wyndham Collection Bathroom Centra 60 in. Vanity in White with Glass Vanity Top
Home Depot
Brown Leaf Mat
Grandin Road
Entryways Orange Butterfly Hand Woven Coir Doormat - 1033S
$39.97 | Hayneedle
Apothecary Double Door Media Stand
Grandin Road