Hi Everyone !!!

nana-sandyJuly 29, 2007

I just found this forum and joined. Let me introduce myself---I am Sandy and have 7 going on 8 grandkids under the age of 11. I have been caring for one or the other of them for 11 years and there has been some great challenges and some really fun times. I do believe they are what keeps me 'young'. I am always looking for new ideas in being a great nana --I think this place will be fun and very educating.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eileenlamp

Hi
My gosh, you've been caring for a grandchild for a long time! I watch our one and only grandchild and I LOVE it. She's the light of my life. I would love to swap ideas with you. Our little princess is 2 yrs old. How old are the babies you care for?
Eileen

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 3:41AM
nana-sandy

I care for my 19 mo old granddaughter----I started with her brother when he was a babe, he is now 11 and then I took care of their brother who is now almost 9 and they will soon have another sibling.I cared for the boys until they entered school. I also take care of the other grands now and then. And I have been doing it for free all those years. I would never have considered taking $$ for grandchildren.

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 7:35AM
eileenlamp

I'm right with you there...I would never take a penny to watch my grandchild, either. I do it out of love and not wanting her to be in daycare. Who else would hold her and rock her when she's not feeling well, who else would play with her all day and tell her how wonderful she is...ME! :):)
Eileen

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 2:13AM
marry

I just have one little granddaughter, 20 months old! We have her several days every week. This afternoon(Tuesday) she went home and we have had her since Friday. Our daughter works weird hours and is single parenting so Miss Precious spends lots of time with us! I'm so glad that we are the ones that get to spend so much time with her! She is just way too much fun!!

Bookmark   July 31, 2007 at 5:15PM
Jonesy

I had a choice of raising my 9 grandkids or running around with my husband. I chose my husband and we became closer than ever. I've never regretted it.

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 9:02PM
eileenlamp

Good for you, Jonesy! I have maybe one more year of watching my little grandchild and then she'll be off to pre-school and after that, full day kindergarten (as ordered by our state.) My husband still works and won't retire for another three or four years, so watching my grandbaby fits perfectly with our plan right now. Now, if my husband was fully retired, I'm not sure which path I'd follow, but I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I feel that I have the best of both worlds right now.
Eileen

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 1:42AM
bswesley

Hi sandy, I'm new here myself. This seams to be a great place.

Bookmark   August 29, 2007 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
long...vent...Not seeing new grandbaby, nervous DIL
I am heartsick today. I have one child/son I am close...
laziblu
Need advice on boundaries
Our second Grandchild will be born this Saturday and...
jules0988
Grandson...Here, But I Miss Him!
I feel very sad because my almost 7 year old grandson...
sentimentalnana
I Don't Like the Name
A child's name is important to me and I tend to prefer...
Pagefan
Liquid vitamin
Does anyone remember a thick, yellow liquid vitamin...
crabbypatty
Sponsored Products
Danze Cape Anne Roman Tub Faucet Trim Kit - Brushed Nickel
Modern Bathroom
Well Lit Lamp
$166.99 | Dot & Bo
Foosball/Football Indoor & Outdoor Table RS#3 - RS Barcelona
$3,500.00 | HORNE
Aiden Coffee Table
Cost Plus World Market
Indoor Area Rug: Hi5 Smoke 7' 10" x 11' 2" Plush
Home Depot