Craftsman Garage Door opener stopped working

frankdanDecember 31, 2009

I have a Craftsman GD opener that is about 14 years old. Logic board 41A4315-6c. It won't move up or down with the wall switch or the remote. The lights will not come on with the light button on the wall switch. I do get a loud click from the motor unit when I press the normal wall switch open button and the same from the remote but no response from the motor. Safety sensors seems to be just fine. There is a green LED on the logic board that is blinks 5 times then stops for 10 seconds and repeats the 5 blinks. Does anyone know what the 5 blinks indicates? Since nothing is working except for the loud click, I am assuming the logic board must have died. Since it is 14 years old I am not sure whether it is more cost effective to repair or just buy a new opener. Any comments, solutions, or suggestions would be appreciated. It was working just fine and suddenly quit this morning just in time for New Year's. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daddio_2010

Here is my problem. I replaced a malfunctioning remote. I followed the instructions to teach the code to the new remote. It worked but now my second remote, that had been working, won't work. So, I taughtit the code and now the new remote won't work. So, it appears that the unit will only allow one remote to learn the code. Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone offer a solution?

thanks,
Daddio_2010

Bookmark   January 1, 2010 at 4:54PM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™