Where to buy Hancock & Moore Furniture in NJ?

smargeOctober 3, 2008

The Hancock & Moore website does not list retailers, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy H&M furniture in NJ. In particular, we are interested in the Chesterfield Sleep sofa.

I'd love any tips on where to shop. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjn2

A former respected member of this forum referred me to Valley Furniture in NJ:

www.valleyfurnitureshop.com

They are located in Watchung and when my wife and I went there 6 months ago they had at least 8 different H&M sofas and loveseats. They are on the pricey side and have a lot of high end furniture on display. We decided to just shop there, pick the style and color (they have all of the books of the various hydes and colors) but buy elsewhere.

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 8:24AM
smarge

Thanks for the tip, mjn2! Sounds like a plan (I'd also be interested in where you ultimately bought your H&M furniture from and if you were satisfied, etc.)

Coincidently, a Scully & Scully catalog just showed up at our house and features a sleeper sofa that looked to me exactly like the H&M we are trying to find! I called the store and found that it indeed is an H&M, although they claim they had it made for them in a superior leather, which is why they are able to change the name to "Mayfair".
They're selling it for $5,250. I really need to shop for it to get my head around what it really should cost.

Any other suggestions out there?

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 1:10PM
mccall

You should try Duane Collie he used to post on here but now has his own forum. He has a wonderful bricks and Mortar store in VA but also does internet sales and has very good prices even with shipping.
check out his forum

Here is a link that might be useful: Furniture forum

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 1:58PM
mjn2

Sure thing, smarge. Also, I did reach out to Duane as 'mccall' suggested. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I had him provide pricing and although it was far better in comparison to Valley Furniture prices my wife was able to get the same exact pieces from another retailer for 20% less than what we were quoted by Duane.

http://www.anniesfurniture.com/`

As part of H&M Town and Country promotion, we purchased the Austin High back sofa, Austin high back loveseat, 2 Austin Recliners and a matching ottoman all in Document Chestnut for $7100 (no tax) and with shipping included. We placed the order on Presidents Day and received all of the pieces about 10 weeks later. Everything came in perfect condition and even the delivery people were polite.

Have fun...

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 9:10AM
twelve-kids

That's an amazing price from Annie's. It sure beat my quote.

I had Annie's quote a town and country version of an Austin sofa and two recliners. They were only $200 cheaper than The Keeping Room (Duane Collie) but The Keeping Room had been in business longer, sold more leather furniture, including Hancock and Moore, and didn't appear that they were going to go out of business anytime soon like a lot of the deep discounters.

So I went with them. Everything turned out great, including a repair I needed.

I've had so much bad service from dealers in the past, I'm very careful who I buy from.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™