Craftsman Keyless Entry Problem

lexluthorDecember 26, 2008

I had 2 Craftsman Garage Door Openers. One is 10 years old and one is more than 10 years old.

The older one died last week. I replaced it with a 1/2 HP 315Mhz Model that looked exactly the same.

The door button, the hand button and car buttons all work.

The only thing I can't get to work is the keyless entry pad. The old pad had both old garage doors programmed and opened both.

I followed the proceedure in the manual (enter code, hold enter, push buttton on opener) and it doesn't work.

Is it possible that the new opener is a different frequency then the keyless entry panel? If so, is my only solution to get a 2nd panel that's 315Mhz? Will the old opener then not work with the new panel and I'll have to have 2 panels?

The only other though I had is that maybe the current panel has a limit of 2 codes and it thinks I'm attaching a 3rd GDO to it?

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

I don't think your keypad will work with the new opener but I don't understand why your remotes do. Anyway try programming the thing this way. Press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the opener and then walk over and key in your 4 digit code and press enter. The "press and immediately release" is important and if it is going to work with the new opener it should now.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 4:24PM
lexluthor

Actually I didnt try the old remote with the new opened or the new remote with the old opener.

My 2 cars that have a built in a homelink connection both work. I guess those work on multiple frequencies somehow.

It looks like I'll have to try a new keypad.

Are there and keypads that would work with both openers so I don't have to keep 2 keypads?

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 4:55PM
don_1_2006

You won't find a keypad that will work with both openers now. The new frequency as you know is 315 mhz and the old is 390.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™