Craftsman 3/4hp Garage door opener problem
I looked around the forum to see if a similar problem was posted, there was but there was no sufficient solution.
So here's the deal, garage opens properly, but closing is a different story. When closing, the door will go all the way to the ground, hit the ground softly, and then reopen.
here's what i have tried so far
1. Sensors are aligned and nothing is in the way
2. the chain is perfectly taught, and oiled.
3. the door is balanced, as well as the spring.
4. I have played with the force settings, setting to lowest, highest, intermediate for hours and no fix.
5. i have played with the travel time settings similarly.
As of now i have been opening and closing the garage manually by unhooking the chain portion and its been okay. But I have to leave for school soon and my parents are totally ignorant about house repairs and what not, and will be helpless once the snow starts falling (I live in north western NY near the great lakes).