Lift Master 'Pro-Line' malfunctions when it's cold

jjjohnnyDecember 10, 2006

Hi folks!

I have an older Lift Master "Pro-Line" 1/2hp GDO that will not close when you use the remote, but will close when you depress and hold down the wall button. This hapeens when it's cold, and not when it's warms. Is this an adjustment issue, or have the electronic board components changed value, thus requiring replacement? It's a Model #41a4252-6f. Also, how old do you think it is?

Thanks!

jjj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Make sure the photo eyes are properly aligned. They will be either mounted on your vertical tracks or just to the left or right of the tracks. On that model you should have one that glows a bright orange or some say yellow and the other one should be green. If the orange eye is not on you could possibly have a bad circuit board and or photo eye. If it is orange and the other one is not green or is fluttering go over and loosen the screw and play with it until it glows a solid green. That unit is anywhere from 2-10 or 11 years old. I am not sure when they started using that frequency, but I know they just changed it again about 2 years ago.

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™