Old Craftsman Garage Door opener dip switches

lemeDecember 14, 2006

Hi, I have an old Sears Craftsman GDO put in about 17 yrs ago, model 139.53615SR. The 3-button remotes we used to have are long gone. I am going to buy a remote, but I know I will have to program the dip switches from the main unit to the remote. Where in the main unit are the switches located and how do I get to them? I need things really explained to me because I am a very unhandy middle aged woman. Thanks, Leme

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Leme your opener doesn't have dip switches. It has a smart/learn button just to the left of all those white wires. You didn't ask for it but I would like to give you a little advice. Don't spend money on this old outdated opener. Get a new one which will be much much safer.

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 5:19PM
leme

Hi Don, Thanks, but I don't have the money to have a new one put in at this time. The opener works great & it seems quite safe. It opens with the key pad outside and the unit on the wall inside the garage. It also works with my car. I just want to be able to program a remote control for it. I don't see a smart/learn button on the outside, could it be inside? or do I have to unscrew something? The remotes that I used to have for it had switch settings. What remote can I get for it and how do I program it to my GDO. Thanks

Bookmark   December 15, 2006 at 12:29PM
don_1_2006

The company made these openers backwards compatible so older remotes would work with newer openers and for a time you may have gotten a mix of models. If you in fact do have dip switches they will be in the same place I described. Just to the left of where all those white wires go. You do not need to remove anything.

Bookmark   December 15, 2006 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™