old office chair

pauline29October 17, 2011

Hello, I am new to forums,live in the Niagara region of Ontario and would appreciate advice about a very old office chair that needs upholstering. The back rest and top of arms are leather which is very cracked. The seat is a tweed material. The wooden frame, arms and legs are solid and perfect. My question is, is it hard to do a project like this. I have never reupholstered... [have made cushions]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

a picture would indicate how the upholstery was done and how hard it would be to replace.

Bookmark   October 20, 2011 at 10:27AM
cocooner

More than likely, it would be more complicated than you could handle. I considered the same thing and wound up paying $185USD to get my office chair reupholstered. That included the replacement of two springs. We had gotten the chair 16 years ago, and it is an American made Lazyboy model. DH and I are very happy with our decision.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 7:46AM
EliteFurniture

Unless it is very comfortable it is usually just as much to have an item re-upholstered as it is to purchase new.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 2:30PM
LuAnn_in_PA

"it is usually just as much to have an item re-upholstered as it is to purchase new."

Yeah, but the new stuff will more than likely be of awful quality compared to the old stuff.

Usually it is wiser to reupholster!

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™