Karndean Design luxury vinyl?

pghgolfgirlJune 11, 2012

I am in the process of a kitchen remodel and was planning on putting down laminate flooring. One of the stores that I went to over the weekend highly recommended using Karndean Design luxury vinyl instead because it has a better guarantee (with respect to water damage) and is locally made. It is about $2 more expensive per sq. ft. than laminate. Does anyone here have recent experience with it and can comment? The specific line I'm looking at is "Da Vinci Graphite Slate". Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cparlf

I have a friend who has Karndean in his indoor / outdoor sun room. No heat, and in the summer is is always soaking wet from the pool traffic, college kid beer pong and rain. 12 years later, it looks like new. We are going with a DaVinci wood plank in our house. We are doing the entire house, bathrooms and all with it. We have sloppy dogs who love to bring mulch etc in all day long. I am told Walmart uses one of their lines in all of their clothing areas.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 9:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunday4712

I am building a new custom home in Lubbock, TX where it is filled with cotton fields, i.e., red dirt and wind everywhere. I put Karndean Van Gogh "Classic Oak" throughout the entire home. There is no other floor surface used. I am hoping the house will be ready to move in, in 6 weeks. I am so happy with the floors. The pic is one of the bedrooms after the installers were finished. It needs to be cleaned.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 11:15PM
More Discussions
Difference visually between 1/8 and 3/16 grout joints?
We're thinking 1/8 but the installer is suggesting...
joep_2009
Flooring for road noise - Carpet or LVT
Hi Everyone, We are looking into replacing our entire...
houston70sranch
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™