Craftsman 1/2 hp, model 139.53962srt1

ascssmithDecember 30, 2008

I am having issues with my Craftsman ½ hp garage door opener. The unit is about 5 years old. My garage door openers stopped working last week. I replaced the batteries and attempted to open the door but it still did not work, so i went and bought a new opener (craftsman 953879) still didn't work from the remotes. I erased all the codes, as that was the only thing left i could think of doing. I found the original manual and it said to check the "lock-out" button, which someone had had pushed, but by me erasing everything in memory, i can't get the (2) remotes and key less entry pad to work. I have attempted to reprogram the two garage door openers and the key less entry pad but am only able to get one of the openers to work. If I try and reprogram the key less, it just flashes, if i go on top of the motor and put it into learn mode, the key less works, but the one remote that was working stops and i can not ever get (2) remotes to work at same time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Can you get your original remote and keypad to work? I think you may have been sold the wrong remote and that is complicating things.

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 12:42PM
idaho44

I recently purchased two replacement remote openers for this model. So I would have 3 remotes, the keypad, and the wall unit. We were able to program 2 of the remotes, but it would not accept the 3rd remote. Is there a maximum limit on remotes a person can have with this model? I wanted the extra remote for a family member, since the "keypad" is not always reliable. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Bookmark   December 30, 2008 at 10:26PM
don_1_2006

That opener should accept all the units you have. Normally when you exceed the limit it will accept the last one you program and drop the first one off. Make sure all your remotes are the same model number.

Bookmark   December 31, 2008 at 11:02AM
idaho44

My original remote works, and one of the new remotes work. I just can't get the third remote which is one of the new ones to accept the program.

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 1:57PM
don_1_2006

I would take it back and get a replacement.

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 5:39PM
More Discussions
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Good material to patch potholes in old garage floor?
I have some pot holes in my 1963 garage floor. The...
griz8312
Sponsored Products
Simkar 1x2 Flanged Troffer, 2 Lamp, 17W T8, Single Ballast
LBC Lighting
Hinkley Claire 9 1/4" High Antique Nickel Wall Sconce
$85.91 | Lamps Plus
Correll 30 x 30 in. Quarter Round Wedge Folding Banquet Table-2 pk Multicolor -
$160.18 | Hayneedle
Glass Lamp: Designer Collection 2-Light 30.5 in. Steel Table Lamp with Frost Gla
Home Depot
MURO Full Size Mirror by Blomus
$211.49 | Lumens
Aquatica PureScape 174 Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub - White
Modern Bathroom
LBL Lighting | Mini-Dia Pendant Light
$280.00 | YLighting
Radiant Curved Hardwired Heated Towel Rail 32 x 24 Brushed or Polished
Hudson Reed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™