In desperate need of help - PLEASE!

sharicooperDecember 28, 2007

To make a long story short, I have a creepy brother who found the keypad code for my garage door opener. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, and I just know that I won't be able to relax until I change the access code. I've read other posts here on the subject, but none seem to fit my model: Stanely Economy Model 1200.50, 1/4 HP.

My keypad does not have an "Enter" button, but merely a 0-9 with a star at the bottom.

I REALLY need to change this before I leave Sunday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
citytransplant

Go directly to the garage door opener and change the code. When you return you can either change it back or change your openers to the new numbers. Be sure to have another way in your garage (service door) before doing this as you will not be able to access your garge door. Hope this helps

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 11:12AM
sharicooper

Thank you for your quick response, your advice is great. The problem is...I have no idea how to "actually" change the code on the opener. So, please if you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 11:22AM
kalining

So, unplug the opener.What is so hard about that ?

Bookmark   December 31, 2007 at 9:11AM
davidandkasie

sorry for the late reply.

on my keypad you enter the code then press star or somethign like that. i change mine every now and then, everytime my wife gives the code to her brother.

worst case, remove the cover of the keypad and take out the 1-2 screws that mount it to the wall. then take it in the house and leave it there until you get time to find the book for it. google the part number on the keypad itself, not the GDO.

Bookmark   January 2, 2008 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™