need your ideas for a childrens tea party

loraleeMay 27, 2004

Hi, I am new to this forum, I love THS site I have been a member for several years, since day 1.

I need some ideas. I want to start a tradition with my grandchildren. I am going to hold an annual tea party for my grandaughters ages 5- 9 and have each of them to invite one friend and of course their mothers. What should I do for entertainment? when they get a little older entertainment will be easy. The girls love to dress up so that won't be a problem but playing in fancy dresses might be. Us old folks just sit around and eat and chat.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Depending on the girls, you may not need any special entertainment. A good friend of mine has a tea every year and invites several young girls. Even the six-year-olds enjoy being all dressed up and getting to participate in what they see as an adult event. They usually end up together, talking.

Bookmark   June 8, 2004 at 1:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dancey

You've probably already started your tea parties by now. ;) But I would suggest letting them dress all up in fancy clothes, take pictures, and then let them change into play clothes and just have a ball! I never will forget a birthday party my Mom had for me when I was about 9 yrs. old. We were to dress up like movie stars and I was Linda Darnell!!! Whoopeeeeeeeee We did have such a good time and Mother still has lots of pictures! We drag them out from time to time and get a good laugh! All the other girls had a ball too. Good luck with your tea party.

Dancey

Bookmark   August 25, 2004 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
Gift ideas for 50th Wedding Anniversary
I need some gift ideas for my elderly (75+) difficult-to-buy-for...
onehappymeal
New Grandchild anyday
We are blessed to have 8 grandchildren and a new granddaughter...
cmcgaha2012
Very young grandparent....
Hello! I just came across the site, and hoping to find...
kase48
Sad Grandmother
I am brand new to this site and posting to this forum....
Nana3540
long...vent...Not seeing new grandbaby, nervous DIL
I am heartsick today. I have one child/son I am close...
laziblu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™