Baked Chicken recipes please
Looking for some yummy recipes that are quick, no-hands-on-cooking, using chicken but no dairy or bacon. DH is also gluten free.
I've tried the ones using pineapple and salad dressings and cream-of-? soup, but to be honest they taste off to us. I'm looking for recipes with 15-30 minutes prep then baked and on the table.
Tonight we had this which I do believe was originally from the recipe book that came with my Romertopf pot. Everyone LOVED it.
Baked Chicken and Artichokes
¼ lb. small mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced
3 lbs. chicken pieces, skin off
2 TB flour, I used organic Brown Rice flour to make it gluten free
1 ½ t. salt
½ t. paprika
¼ t. chopped rosemary
dash white pepper
½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup sherry
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1. If using a clay pot, soak top and bottom in sink of water for 15 minutes. Drain. I soaked for an hour and a half and it was fine
2. If using covered casserole, lightly grease or spray with Pam.
3. Put mushrooms, onion, garlic in pot or casserole. Coat chicken pieces with a mixture of flour, salt, paprika, rosemary, pepper. Put chicken on top of vegetables. Pour in chicken broth and sherry.
4. Put lid on pot/casserole. If using clay pot, put in a cold oven and turn heat on to 450F (SURROUND in Miele). If using casserole, put in a preheated 375F oven. Bake 1 hour for either method.
5. Stir in artichokes gently after baking 1 hour. Bake 8-10 minutes more covered. Remove cover and bake 5-10 minutes more until chicken starts to crisp.
6. Serves 6