Craftsman door opener

harothaugNovember 13, 2012

I installed a used opener from my friend. When it closes it goes all the way down and then opens. I tried to adjust the downward force and travel but it still doesn't stay closed. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rangrfn

Take the cover off of the opener, the limit switch may have come off and that may be the problem, and the down limit is not stopping the opener from stopping in the down motion.

Bookmark   December 11, 2012 at 11:48AM
Betty1129

I lost the instructions to program a second code into the keyless Sears garage door opener. I can recall some of it, but not all. I believe I pressed one button and held it until the garage door opener connected to the ceiling blinked three times, then entered an alternate code until the opener blinked one time. I know that is not entirely accurate. Can someone assist on this one?

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 6:30PM
Betty1129

I lost the instructions to program a second code into the keyless Sears garage door opener. I can recall some of it, but not all. I believe I pressed one button and held it until the garage door opener connected to the ceiling blinked three times, then entered an alternate code until the opener blinked one time. I know that is not entirely accurate. Can someone assist on this one?

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 6:33PM
rangrfn

I sent you a copy of how to program a 2nd remote.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 10:26AM
tesslup

My new Craftsman Garage Door opener is only going six inches forward and then reversing to same starting point.when i tried to open the garage door it move down 4-6 inches and then reverses back up 4-6 inches, even if the garage door is already closed.I was lucky it not broke my garage door because it start to push the door down with the door closed. Even when the door opener is not engage when I tried to "open" it move forward 6 inch , stop and move back in the first position.
I already disconnected door from trolley to make sure that binding was not a problem, and I checked alignment of Safety receiving sensors. Also verified that amber and green lights are steady and not flickering.
I live in Romania, so it is not an option to return the unit to the store. Thanks for your help, Bob Hedges

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™