homelite chain saw won't start

michael_urbangardnerNovember 9, 2006

I have on old 330 homelite chainsaw. It has been sitting for sometime. It will only start if I poor fuel directly into the carburator or the cylinder. I have repleaced the fuel line and fuel filter, and the line that goes from the cylinder head to the carburator, I have also adjusted the carburator needles by turning them completely in and then backing then out one full turn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

I am no small engine mechanic, but I was a car mechanic for 5 years. Sounds like it is still a fuel delivery problem. Did you try cleaning the carb out real good? Did it have fuel in it while is sat? If so did it have the fuel additive that is supposed to preserve gas over extended periods of time??

Sounds like a gummed up carburator.

Bookmark   November 13, 2006 at 8:28PM
roeb_compu_net

The 330 has a rubber boot (PN 93838-B) It may have disentegrated on you and will not allow vacuum from the engine to carb. I have this part and many more for Homelite. $10.00 which include S & H...

Bookmark   November 24, 2006 at 7:52PM
als_garden

i had the same problem and it was the ceramic filter on the inside of the gastank connected to the line going to the carb. also i had a bit ofsmall wooddust get into the tank when filling and had to take the brass screen out of the carb and clean it. replace the rubber gasket also..hope this helps..Al

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™