problems with garage door opener

karen_22November 25, 2013

Hi, I have a craftsman model 139.53648srt2, bought a gear and sprocket kit, installed it, now it travels only 6 inches in either direction. tried my up and down adjustments. adjustments does nothing, and double checked sensors, and also checked terminal wires. what do you think could be the problem? Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

If I recall correctly, when you take things apart there's a gear that goes down to the limit controls. I'd take a second look at that. I also recall those limit controls are kind of fragile. Anyway, that's where I would start.

Have you disconnected the opener from the door and tried operating it without the door connected?

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 10:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmc_ret

I have a similiar problem as described above, without the gear and sprocket installation. Here is the info: 1/2 HP Craftsman opener (139.536625RT mfg 2/97), has worked fine for the past 10 years. Nothing new has been added, sensors aligned, all treminal screws tight, all wire connections are secure. The unit will only raise and lower the door @4 inches. I tried to adjust each of the settings (up/down distance and the amount of pressure) but there to no avail. I suspect the controller board is suffered a fatal failure. Any Ideas?

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™