Pricing Used Furniture

GossieOctober 10, 2012

Hello-

I am trying to get rid of a bed that we have. (We just bought a home and the bedrooms are much smaller than while we were renting.)

It is a queen sized sleigh bed, carved, solid oak. I know that oak isn't exactly in style these days, but we live in Amish country where everyone decorates with country decor. (Not really my style, but that's just what people do around here.)

We didn't purchase the bed ourselves. It was a gift. I don't know if it's any particular brand, but it seems to be good quality and very sturdy. I have NO idea how much I should ask for it. While I would, of course, love to make as much as possible, I also realize that may not be much!

Does anyone have any idea how much these would cost? I tried searching Ebay & Craigslist, but I didn't see much that was comparable. The ones I did see seemed over priced to me, but maybe I'm underestimating it's worth?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any input!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patty_cakes

If you really want to sell it, list it high on CL so you have room to come down. I never pay the asking price and feel most people don't, especially on CL.

If it's heavy, and solid, you might want to start at $700. It's all about how much someone is willing to spend and if they like it. The area(city)you live in may also determine the price.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 2:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b

Look on google images to find one similar. There probably will be a price posted for it.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™