Sears Garage Door Repair

toddbesonNovember 24, 2008

I have replaced the gear on my Sears Garage Door opener. The door will start to close and after about 2 sec. it reverses and opens. I have read several discussions concerning the sensor on the end of the motor shaft and the motor shaft coupler. I have adjusted the coupler on the shaft and moved the shaft of the motor as far back as possible, the sensor is on the end of the shaft. It will not work. Any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Make sure the quick disconnect is plugged into the RPM sensor board. Try watching the black plastic interrupt cup as the door is closing to make sure it isn't moving away from the RPM sensor board. Sounds like you have covered most of it. Maybe the RPM board is bad but I doubt it.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 3:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
standman

My Sears garage door opener was only coming up about 2/3 of the way. So I adjusted the opening (lift) and decreased the closing settings. Now when it open the carriage stops at the right opening position, then when you try to close it it continues to open until it slams into the opening device and jams up. Do I need to adjust the door closing and opening down (less of each), move the door to the closed position and attach the trolly. Then open and let it reset, and adjust from there??? HELP PLEASE> Should I get a repair man in for $125-$200 or is this a simple fix???

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Moisture coming up through garage floor
House is in South Dakota. Split foyer. Built in 1977...
ohmmm_gw
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™