Craftsman Garage Door Opener - partially diagnosed, need advice
Didn't realized there were so many Craftsman threads here. Yikes! Anyway, here is my problem, model 139.53479, installed in 97'. Just recently, this issue came up. Opener will not fully open or close unless the force adjustment is turned to max, which then puts the safety reverse at risk.
Here's on far I've gotten.
1. Door is free to open and close, manually by hand. No binding.
2. Travel limit assembly looks fine.
3. The drive gear and worm gear looks fine, no stripped/broken teeth.
4. Thinking the logic board went bad, I ordered and replaced the logic board but the result is the same. So the original logic board should not be the problem.
5. The sending and receiving sensors are glowing steadily.
6. The drive belt looks ok, there are some minor cracks but nothing major I see.
What else should I or can I look for?
I'm not sure what much is left, the motor, the capacitor? Is it the motor? Will a failing capacitor show this symptom, I'm not sure what is the full purpose of the capacitor.