Announcing pregnancy - ideas???

rubri510January 1, 2003

Just looking for any creative ways to tell my parents and sisters that my wife and I are expecting. This will be the first grandchild. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maggiemay36

what about "grandma" and "grandpa" type t-shirts? or caps,picture frames? something along the lines of" oh,by the way-DW(insert her name) and i were shopping and picked this up for you. you'll need it pretty soon!" i'm sure i've seen "i'm the auntie"stuff around also-can't remember where off the top of my head. oh-CONGRATULATIONS!!! maggie

Bookmark   January 3, 2003 at 9:27AM
whazzup

Congratulations! If it's not too late, I found a link for you with some cute ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Announcing Your Pregnancy

Bookmark   January 3, 2003 at 7:46PM
addictedtoroses

A great way a friend of mine announced her pregnancy was to show up at a family gathering (in this case it was Thanksgiving) and when she took off her coat, she had a special sweatshirt on. It took a minute of staring, whispering and sputtering, but after a minute everybody was excited and the grandma-to-be said "Are you telling me we're gonna have a GRANDBABY??!!??"
In this case the sweatshirt in question was one of those with a picture of a baby in the womb with a cute saying, but there are many t-shirts/sweatshirts out there. "World's best Dad (or Mom) would be more subtle, "Baby on Board would be more blatant, the baby in the womb ones are really cute.... It's all up to you, but I thought it was great when she told me how she did it!!

Bookmark   January 19, 2003 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Thoughts about boundaries issues
It has been an incredible blessing, and a difficult...
elisa_z5
Thoughts about jealousy of the other grandparent(s)
As I mentioned in my other "thoughts on"...
elisa_z5
My grandbaby doesnt want to come to me any more
He Is 13 months. I have always taken care of him once...
Nanisue
Grandson...Here, But I Miss Him!
I feel very sad because my almost 7 year old grandson...
sentimentalnana
My in-laws who are soon-to-be grandparents
My husband and I are pregnant with our first. His parents...
LullabyF360
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™