Craftsman 1/2hp garage only accepting 1 remote

seeds76November 2, 2006

I can't seem to get the gargage opener to accept more than 1 remote control. I have 2 remotes and one of them stopped working. I replaced the battery and still no good. The other one works just fine.

I can reprogram the remotes but it works on only one at a time. After programming the 1st remote successfully, adding another remote will not work. I made sure it isn't just one remote that's bad as I can erase the programming on the receiver and reprogram on the remote that wasn't working previously.

Anyone know why it doesn't allow me to add a second remote to program?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

One of your remotes has reverted to an earlier technology. Sorry for what sounds like doubletalk but that is how the manufacturer explains it. You are stuck purchasing a new remote. Make sure it is the same model as what you have. When you get it programmed you will find that one of your existing remotes will work with it and the other will give you the same symptom you now have. Do yourself a favor and trash the problem child. It could give you more problems further down the road if you don't.

Bookmark   November 2, 2006 at 4:46PM
More Discussions
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™