Craftsman model 139.53615SR and remote openers

gthsOctober 25, 2010

I really need your help. My Craftsman unit model number is 139.53615SR manufactured 1/92. There are no dip switches, only a smart button with a red light. I have not had any problems with the door. The original two remote controls were lost and since then I've used the setting in my car to open the garage. I decided to purchase new remotes. Last week I purchased a Chamberlain Clicker, KLIK1U. I was able to complete the learn process with Clicker, but then discovered my neighbor was also able to open and close my garage door. Friday, I went to Sears and purchased Craftsman remote # 53778. The learn process worked but the neighbor could still open the door. I returned those yesterday and purchased Craftsman remote #53879, which of course don't work as they are for units with a green smart button and mine is red. It is very troubling being in my home and not knowing when the door will open. Today I posted on fixya.com and was told to hold the learn button after the neighbor opened the door to erase the codes. Afterwards, the code in my car was erased. I was able to get the remote # 53778 to work and reset the car, but my neighbor can still open and close the door. My neighbor is helping and trying to remember to close the door when he notices it but that is clearly not the solution. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

bump

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 4:15PM
More Discussions
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™