HELP!! - Craftsman Garage Door Opener/Keypad

wolfspirit95October 27, 2009

My keypad rarely ever works. I can punch the buttons (& I mean literally jab/punch numbers hard out of frustration) & it may open on 3rd or 4th try, or it may not.

Also, the remote used to work at a much further distance from the garage, but now I can pull right up to the garage and have to find the right angle and hit the button several times before the door will go up. I've tried changing the batteries, but that doesn't solve the problem.

The wall button works fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GDS_

The keypad is nothing more than a battery operated remote, the same as the one in your car, however it takes 4 numbers in order to make it transmit.
If your car remotes are not working very well also, then it puts the motor "logic board" into question.

If the logic board is bad, then it is not economically feasable to buy just the board when you consider you can go out to Sears and buy an entire new unit with all the latest bells and whistles on sale for under 200 bucks.

However, here is a keypad problem that you may be experiencing.
After pushing the same buttons for many years, you may have a button going bad on you and not making contact when you push it.
Try reprograming 4 new numbers into the keypad, numbers that have never been used before and see if that works better.

Bookmark   October 27, 2009 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™