Opinions on Drexel Touraine French Provincial Furniture

archmikusOctober 13, 2011

A neighbor's parents passed away and my neighbor is clearing out his parents' house. In their guest bedroom that have a complete Drexel Touraine French Provincial bedroom set that they're willing to sell to me. Apparently it hasn't even been used in the past 15 years or so. Its circa 1950s-1960s, and from what they tell me it is solid, well-made stuff. Does anyone have any opinions on the Drexel Touraine? Is it well-made furniture?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjohnston83

It is extremely well made furniture and is still sought after and collectible. My husband and I just made a 1000 mile move with the 9 drawer dresser and it made the move without any problems, drawers still slide easily and the body held up perfectly. If you like the style it is well worth purchasing and while it already is at least 50 years old I would bank that it has another 50 years of use in it.

I have included a site that has a good deal of info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drexel touraine info

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 2:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Leeleebaxter

Buy it. The previous commenter is right on. Drexel furniture from 50 years ago was among the best you could get in terms of quality. I have this set, it was my parents', and it has been refinished several times and still looks gorgeous.

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 5:59PM
More Discussions
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™