Craftsman 1/2HP GDO Help!!

smcnerneyOctober 31, 2007

I have been reviewing previous posts like crazy and I can't seem to find my exact problem already listed. My door will open just fine, but will only close if I am holding the wired button. If i just push the button or use the remote, the door moves 2-3" and then returns to the up position while blinking the light about a dozen times. My optical sensors are aligned (I think). There is a steady green light on each sensor. However, that steady green light never changes, even if I point the sensors in opposite directions or put a shovel in the middle of the beam. Have my sensors gone bad? The opener was manufactured in 95.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The light on one of the sensors will stay on but the other will go out when the infrared beam is interrupted. It sure sounds like you have bad sensors.

Bookmark   October 31, 2007 at 5:06PM
smcnerney

Thanks for the reply Don. I'll double check to make sure both lights are staying on. Will the lights only change while the door is in operation? Or should they go out whenever the beam is broken?

Bookmark   November 1, 2007 at 2:28PM
don_1_2006

One of the lights will stay on. The other will go out when something is in the way of the beam.

Bookmark   November 1, 2007 at 4:50PM
More Discussions
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™