Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener

lilmissyOctober 6, 2008

I installed a garage door opener last Thursday. It will not open and close properly. At the moment it will open ok, but when I close the door it automatically opens again. I have adjusted the travel and the force, but nothing seams to work. I have also done the safety test and the sensors seem to be working properly. Any suggestion you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the main light flashes 10 times when the door reverses it is a sensor problem. Either they are not aligned properly or wired wrong. There is also always the possibility they could be bad. If the door is reversing when it hits the floor then the down limit needs to be adjusted.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 4:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilmissy

Thank you don for your suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't work. I called a Sears garage door technician. He found that the guys that had installed my door had put the chain on wrong, so the sensors couldn't figure out where to start and stop the door. After he made the adjustments to the chain, everything worked fine. Thanks again for your assistance.

Bookmark   October 14, 2008 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™