Garage Floor tiles

disney1October 1, 2006

I am having a really hard time deciding whether to paint my garage floor or put down garage floor tiles. I bought enough tiles from Sears to cover about 1/4 of the floor to see how it would look. They look good but I am wondering what will happen when I take a hose to rinse them off and water gets between the tiles and goes under the tiles. Will this become a mold problem over time? Anyone have any experience with the tiles from Sears? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
disney1

Maybe I should re-think the tile idea.....not a soul on here has ever used these so they must not be very popular to use as a garage floor covering!

Bookmark   October 6, 2006 at 8:34AM
Annette Holbrook

I'm not personally familiar with the Sears tiles, but if they are made like the Racedeck tiles then moisture shouldn't be an issue. The Racedeck tiles have a channel system on the bottom for support and air and water flow. If the tiles you have are made the same way then mold and moisture shouldn't be a problem.
Annette

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 10:22AM
disney1

After looking at the Racedeck tiles on their web site, they look very similar. If you don't mind me asking, how big of a garage did you tile and how much did it cost?

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 1:22PM
Annette Holbrook

My garage is 484sf (about 22x22). I haven't tiled mine yet, but the quote from Racedeck is 1476.00.
From what I understand the Sears tiles and the Racedeck tiles are very similar in quality. I prefer Racedeck only because I want white tiles in my pattern and Sears doesn't offer a white tile in their lineup.
Racedeck tiles are about $3.00 per sf, whereas Sears is about $2.75 per sf. If you don't think you need the really heavy duty tiles, then you can find other brands on ebay for about $1.70 per sf. Just do a search for "garage tile".
Annette

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 5:32PM
disney1

Thanks for the info Annette. I'll check out ebay just so I can compare since I don't need real heavy duty tiles.

Mike

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 9:13AM
goerge007_126_com

Patent pvc interlocking system more durable flexible, haven't no noise , as you know the pp tile very noise when stand on it. antifreezing, when the weather very cold the pp tile easy break , pvc tile doesn't have this problem ,look the URL www.garagetile.info , if anybody interesting this item please touch with me at goerge007@126.com

Here is a link that might be useful: patent pvc garage floot tile for heavy weight duty

Bookmark   May 24, 2009 at 3:56AM
More Discussions
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™