sears garage door opener /remote wont close

jonbrigOctober 28, 2006

I have an older model sears 1/2 hp opener.

During the cooler months I cannot close the door using my remote. However, if I wait for 2-3 minutes until the lights go out the remote will then work !!. The wall switch works all the time no matter

what the temperature. In summer the remote works all the time. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

It will help if you explain what the door does when it doesn't close. Doesn't move, moves and stops, moves and reverses and what lights go out.

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 2:08PM
doorguy06

How many remotes do you have? Is it just one remote or all of them that won't close it? It sounds like you may have a circuit board problem if the wall button works fine all the time.

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 9:33PM
doodlemike

I have a 2-1/2 HP Craftsman garage door opener with door sensors. The door opener used to work fine when I first installed it. Several weeks ago, I bumped one of the sensors with a board and the door opener hasn't worked properly since using either the remotes or the button inside the garage.

The problem is that when I attempt to close the door with the remote or the inside button, the opener bumps ever so slightly and the opener light flashes a few times. The door will close using the inside button by pressing and holding it down until the door closes. The door will open with the remotes and by pressing and releasing the inside button.

I can't recall whether the light on each sensor should burn bright and can't tell if they are burning at all. Surely, I should be able to see the sensor light.

Any thoughts on how to get the door opener to close using the remote and the inside button without having to hold the button down to close the door.

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™