Toro CCR2000 snowblower won't start when hot

fredmertzOctober 2, 2011

my Toro CCR2000 snowblower model no. 38180 two cycle Suzuki 4.5 HP will start and run fine when cold. But after using the machine for a while and shutting it off it will not restart. I get no spark to the plug. After letting it set for half hour or so it will start and run fine again. It seems to me the cheapest way to go is to replace the Xstar module with a Stens MegafireII ignitor. Just wondered if any one else had a similar problem. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

Chain saw, weed wacker,lawn mower - different manufacturers - same problem. A litle shot of starting fluid usually gets them going. The condenser in the magneto circuitry is probably the culprit.

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 5:35PM
fredmertz

The Megafire module arrived in the mail. I'll give it a try. The problem is no spark when hot. But it will start and run fine when cool.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 5:37AM
fredmertz

I replaced the toro ignitor with the Stens Megafire II. The snowblower started right up, it ran fine for twenty minutes until I shut it off. I waited a couple of minutes and it restarted easily. That was the problem before, it would not restart when hot.

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 7:41AM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™