GDO will open but not close.

rvolleyOctober 26, 2007

I have a 1/2 hp GDO from Sears. Model # 139.53646SRT1. It just started acting up. Two remotes and an opener attached to the wall inside the garage. I can open the door from both remotes and the attached opener but when I try closing it from any of them the door will move an inch or two, stop, and the bulb will flash. To get it to close I have to hold down the button on the attached opener (this will not work using the remotes). I did notice the green indicator light on the back of the Unit, next to the SRT button, will flash 4 times and then it is out for approx. 1min. and then flash 4 times again. This is constant. Can anyone help? And... what are the flash codes on this unit?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The code the unit is flashing is "Door sensors mis-aligned." The symptoms you describe are the same. Each of the door sensors has a small light that must be lit to operate properly. When they are aligned both lights will be on. Tweak them until they are aligned.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 5:09PM
rvolley

Thanks for the reply Don. I checked the sensors and both green lights are on but I thought I would readjust them anyway. When I move them the lights go out so I put them back to where both lights are lit and tried it again. Same thing. Frustrating! I may have to call the hands on experts in or dismantle it, put it in the driveway, run over it and go to Sears again. Unless you have something else I can try.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 10:39AM
don_1_2006

You've done what I would have done. Don't run over that thing there are some good spare parts you can save.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Good material to patch potholes in old garage floor?
I have some pot holes in my 1963 garage floor. The...
griz8312
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™