GDO will open but not close.

rvolleyOctober 26, 2007

I have a 1/2 hp GDO from Sears. Model # 139.53646SRT1. It just started acting up. Two remotes and an opener attached to the wall inside the garage. I can open the door from both remotes and the attached opener but when I try closing it from any of them the door will move an inch or two, stop, and the bulb will flash. To get it to close I have to hold down the button on the attached opener (this will not work using the remotes). I did notice the green indicator light on the back of the Unit, next to the SRT button, will flash 4 times and then it is out for approx. 1min. and then flash 4 times again. This is constant. Can anyone help? And... what are the flash codes on this unit?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The code the unit is flashing is "Door sensors mis-aligned." The symptoms you describe are the same. Each of the door sensors has a small light that must be lit to operate properly. When they are aligned both lights will be on. Tweak them until they are aligned.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 5:09PM
rvolley

Thanks for the reply Don. I checked the sensors and both green lights are on but I thought I would readjust them anyway. When I move them the lights go out so I put them back to where both lights are lit and tried it again. Same thing. Frustrating! I may have to call the hands on experts in or dismantle it, put it in the driveway, run over it and go to Sears again. Unless you have something else I can try.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 10:39AM
don_1_2006

You've done what I would have done. Don't run over that thing there are some good spare parts you can save.

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™