cable pullers

rbiggOctober 13, 2012

I have a cable puller. It's sort of like you see advertised around: one or two ton cable puller, priced out around $10-$25.

I'm thinking of using it to lift an item. I'd like to lift, and then set it down on a base.

Do these cable puller normally have a way to lift and then set the load down without loosing control of it?

On power winches it's called "power up-power down" capability.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Notice the two ratchet "dogs" on the puller. One has a release that can be set. You no doubt use it to pull the cable out off the spool, right? Then manually operating the two dogs and the main operating lever, the puller can be slowly used to play out the cable with a load on it. One notch or a few at a time.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 12:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dynamicdoors

Dynamic Door Service can repair any garage door torsion springs, broken garage door cables, out-of-track doors, broken rollers, bent tracks and more! We can repair residential as well as commercial garage doors and get provide 24 hour emergency garage door repair service.

We always provide a written estimate that is signed before work is done, fully explaining what we'll do in easily understandable terms. When the job is completed, we walk you through and show you services were done. You can be confident that your door was fixed right! We stand behind the job with the industry's best warranty and our 24 hour call back policy.

Phoenix Garage Door

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoenix Garage Door Repairs

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™