Recommended Weatherproof Outdoor Furniture?

jaxoOctober 30, 2013

I'm looking for just a few pieces of furniture for a small patio.
Maybe one chaise lounge and a either a bistro set or a small table with 2 chairs.

I can't find anything I like locally and most stores have taken patio furniture away from stock in showrooms until next spring.
I'd like to be able to sit on the patio with a laptop or iPad.
Two issues I've found in the furniture I tried.
Seats are uncomfortable.
Chairs too low and tabletop too high makes using a laptop feel very awkward. I have used a laptop on an outdoor patio at Starbucks and it wasn't that awkward, so maybe they have a source of tables with lower tabletops??

I thought maybe I could just use a chaise lounge with the laptop on my lap, but I haven't found any chaise lounges that feel comfortable because I can't get the right angle in the back rest and the leg piece is straight out with no bend where you knees go...
The patio is fully uncovered, so I'm looking for furniture that is rated for full sun a rain exposure all year long.
I'm in California zone 8/9 so there are no snow, but there is a lot of winter rain so I want rust proof furniture and I don't want to have to pack the furniture away indoors when it rains.
I'd like the furniture to look good, but I want furniture that is comfortable to use, not just decoration or props on the patio that I don't want to sit on.

Any recommendation for weatherproof and comfortable compact furniture?

I'm thinking about aluminum framed furniture with Sunbrella cushions that can be left exposed outdoors year round.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
markro

Hi there!! i am new in this forum
Looking forward to discuss with you all

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™