Garage door won't close

ton_manOctober 17, 2006

Hello,

I need some help with my garage door opener. It started couple of days ago after the a hard day of rain and thunder (I think it may have something to do with it). My 1/2 hp Craftsman 139xxx will not close! From the open position, when I press the remote or wall control it will slide down all the way to the ground but then slide back up again. It will not stay close as it used to be. I have checked and increase the down limit and the down force but it still slide back up. My safey sensors are well lid on both. I have noticed there is a tiny orange light in the back that lights up every few seconds which I don't think occurs before. If anybody have any ideas please help! Thanks..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Sounds like you went the wrong way with the down limit control. When the door hits the floor too hard the safety senses the door has hit something and reverses to the open position. Turn the down limit in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover until the door stops short of the floor. Now you can adjust the control in the opposite direction until you have it right. If you run the door to much during this operation it may turn off if the motor gets hot. Let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes and you can start again.

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 12:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ton_man

Thanks Don,

My garage closes now. I have tried both up and down limit before your advice, but did not do it in small increment and therefore did not work. With your advice I turned the up and down limit with small increment until it is just right, and it works. I did not know an opener can be so sensitive to its limit. Anyway thanks again for your advice.

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™