Best furniture store for a media center

tomcsOctober 27, 2009

It seems everywhere I try in NY it's the same thing: overpriced stuff made overseas. The piece I looked at over the weekend was made in Vietnam; not for me.

Can anyone recommend good stores?

I've tried Thomasville, Ethan Allen, Raymour and Flanigan, Pier 1 and am coming up short.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keagle

You may want to look at Crate and Barrel. I don't know where the furniture is made but I thought they had some nice pieces when I looked. Haven't purchased anything yet. You may want to look at antiques and see what might work.

Bookmark   October 28, 2009 at 6:57PM
hoosiermom_2009

I would also suggest Crate & Barrel. I have the item below and love it. Our flat panel is mounted to the wall and it looks great, lots of compliments. This is my favorite piece of furniture, it is so nicely made.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14226&f=22313&q=cavari&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 2:15PM
tomcs

I was in Crate & Barrel a few days ago, everything was veneer, except a few Maria Yee pieces, which weren't the style I was looking for. Although they are solid wood, the Yee pieces were joined in a very odd manner, it looked as if they were taped.

I have a Crate & Barrel bookcase and the paint or finish is already wearing off, and I don't touch the bookcase.

I'm seriously thinking an antique might be the way to go after all.

Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 1:27AM
More Discussions
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Furniture Arrangement Help Needed
There's my new great room from overhead. You can't...
bplevyak
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™