1/2 Hp Craftsman gdo remote transmitter works lights off

AltjOctober 27, 2013

I have 1/2Hp craftsman gdo that remote transmitter only works when the motor running light is off. So everytime I go out I have to wait for the the light to go off and/or at times I'll used the wall switch to turn the lights off and then remote will work. This is true also with my homelink control from my car. This gdo is about 13 years old and only started doing this last month. Is there anyone out there that can help me out figure out what part is going bad that I can replace or adjust?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dragan322

Any solutions to this one? I was going to post this same problem today until I saw your post. I have not been able to find a solution anywhere. At one point, because I read about the new CFL light bulbs being problematic with remotes, I thought it might be the lights (old-style incandescent). I removed the lights. That's not the problwm. I'm convinced it has something to do with the timer that turns the lights off. Once it clicks off (or I turn it off manually with the wall switch) the remotes work. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there's a solution?

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:53PM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™