Craftsman Garage door logic boards

4lmhOctober 5, 2011

I have two craftsman 139.53606 model garage door openers which I have been able to keep going over the years with replacement parts. Several years ago I replaced the logic board in one opener. The original logic board was 41A3066 (no green button) and I replaced it with a 41A4207-6c (green button). The logic board on the second opener has now gone bad and I need to replace it. Sears doesn't carry the 41A3606 board or the 41A4207-6c board. I'm trying to confirm that the 41A4207-6E board is compatible with my opener. I appreciate actual knowledge rather than guessing and I'm not interested in changing opener to newer version. Thanks for help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

When your openers were first sold safety sensors in the door were an option. Were they purchased at that time or did you have to add them when you installed the 41A4207-6c board?

Bookmark   October 5, 2011 at 3:48PM
4lmh

My opener only has safety sensor that causes door to reverse when door hits something in its path. This sensor was built into the opener when I purchased it new. Both openers were purchased at the same time. I have no LED sensors mounted on the frame or any other type of safety sensors. The lack of the additional safety sensors was the reason I replaced the logic board in the one opener and the worm and drive gears about three times in both openers rather than purchase new openers. I don't want all the additional crap. Other than an occasional drive gear shredded because of ice at the base of the door, the old units last forever. This is only the second logic board in 22-23 years.

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 12:21AM
don_1_2006

The last letter in the part number for the logic board is the designation for an engineering change. If the -6c worked the -6e will.

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 4:17PM
4lmh

Excellent, thank you much for your help. I have reviewed your other responses to people with opener issues and you appear to have extensive knowledge. Thank you again.

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™